Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

blank output (segmentation fault)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcusv
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: blank output (segmentation fault) Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Here we have a server running with:

apache 2.0.54
php 5.04
(Fedora Core) Linux porsche 2.6.16-1.2069_FC4smp #1 SMP Tue Mar 28 12:47:32 EST 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

The problem is: Sometimes (Allways when smarty REcompiles a template) it shows us blank output. The template gets recompiled normaly, but there is no output. If i reload the page (considering that the template was recompiled, i get the expected output). When i tried to check out my apache error log, i saw a segfault message posted bellow.

- OBS: Permissions and directories are set correctly (cache,config,templates,templates_c).

I run smarty with:
$this->smarty->caching = false;
$this->smarty->compile_check = true;
$this->smarty->clear_all_cache();
$this->smarty->error_reporting = (E_ALL & ~ E_NOTICE);

[Mon May 29 14:33:28 2006] [notice] child pid 5638 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Mon May 29 14:33:44 2006] [notice] child pid 5506 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) - Smarty version: 2.6.13

Please Help me, i dont even have an idea of what it coult be.

Sorry for the english.

Thanks,

Marcus
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are segfaulting then the problem probably lies with php/apache. You seem to be running an ancient version of PHP and from what I recall, not a particularly stable version. Even apache 2.0.54 is a little bit long in the tooth though I suspect PHP 5.04 to be the more problematic of the two. Have you tried with something more recent?
marcusv
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dude.

We have upgraded fedora to fedora 5 that has php 5.1.4-1 as rpm package. (here admins dont compile it, they have their reasons)

and it seems that the problem is solved.

I guess that there was a problem on __destruct at that prior version. I was using it to display stuff in my code and passing some stuff by reference to xajax library.

Whatever, problem is solved

Very Happy

Thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: