Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

dilemma with smarty, dreamweaver, css

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luoifong
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: dilemma with smarty, dreamweaver, css Reply with quote

I have a dilemma that I would appreciate advice on. I am developing a site that I would like done using Smarty. I am developing the site for someone else though who would prefer to be able to maintain/update the site in Dreamweaver MX. So I would normally use a header and footer template to keep that information in one file, used throughout the site on every page. But the header contains the call to the external CSS file.

So when the user is editing the file that contains the main part of the page, the file is not referencing the CSS file (since the header file is), thus preventing the user from using the design view in Dreamweaver (which is what they want to do).

So I'm wondering what my best option is. Should I forget using header and footer templates and just put that code in each file so the CSS file is referenced (which would suck if I had to make a change later)? Is there a way that I can reference the CSS file in Dreamweaver (from the file containing the main part of the page) so that the user can use design view?

Thanks for any advice.
zbert
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to know a good way around this problem. In the meantime, you can instruct the designer to manually attach the CSS file to the template to be edited. Then just have him/her delete the reference to the CSS file which will be at the top of the code. This is pretty easy to do, even for a designer. Laughing

--zbert
lrivers
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Use "design time CSS" Reply with quote

That will solve your CSS/template issue.

Just open the design window, click the menu icon in the upper right, select "Design-time..." and boom...
zbert
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I know what you are referring to. Do you mean the 3 view buttons? Code, Split, Design? Pressing "Design" doesn't take care of the problem. I just tried it and I'm still showing my includes as text on the page.

--zbert
lrivers
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: CSS Styles window Reply with quote

It's in the "Window" menu.

There's a little pop-up menu in the upper-right corner of the CSS Styles window, click that and choose "Design-time..."

This is in MX 2004.
zbert
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely right. Good going. That feature is somewhat burried so I'm glad you pointed it out.

--zbert
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: